No Cook Grilled Chicken Gyros are a fresh spin on a family fav & ideal for busy weeknights.
I love a gyro as much as the next guy, but cooking lamb on a weeknight typically isn’t in the cards amiright? But, already grilled-for-me chicken substitutes beautifully! Throw in some fresh ingredients, and you’re queen of the weeknight dinner.
No Cook Grilled Chicken Gyros are a tasty twist on a hearty dish that literally requires ZERO kitchen skills.
READY MADE INGREDIENTS
Grilled Chicken Gyros is what I like to call an “assembly style” dinner. Basically, it’s a combo of ready made main ingredients and fresh ingredients. There’s ZERO cooking involved. But, they’re essential for becoming a working parent that gets dinner on the table night after night.
As far as I’m concerned, getting these time savers in your fridge is KEY to creating a habit of cooking at home. Which is the goal, right? They help you hop right over the argument of “there’s no time to cook.” Which, to me, is the biggest hurdle of them all.
Added bonus: ready made recipes like this are like the gateway drug for kitchen beginners. That’s right, girl. This is how you get your partner involved in dinner prep. If he can work a microwave & use a knife, then he can “cook” this dish.
And, guess what? Bam. He just made dinner.
PRE-COOKED GRILLED CHICKEN
Without a doubt, pre-cooked chicken is ALWAYS in my fridge…and freezer, for that matter. The ready-to-heat containers from the deli live in the fridge & I keep the big bag of Tyson grilled chicken in the freezer. I use it in a bajillion and 1 things. For real.
I love it in this dish because it takes a gut buster of a dish and lightens it up. And, that makes me feel like a super healthy mom who’s slaying dinner for her family. 😊
Grilled Chicken Gyros work great with either fresh or frozen pre-cooked chicken. So, no worries—use what you’ve got (or what’s on sale!).
TZATZIKI SAUCE FOR GYROS
Another time saver is pre-made tzatziki sauce from the deli (or dressing) section. There are typically a few varieties of tzatziki sauce at the store, and I’m sure I’ve eaten them all. But, I really like Good Foods brand Feta Cucumber Dip. Mmm, mmm, mmm!
If you’re a feta lover, like me, then give this one a try. It won’t disappoint.
Otherwise, there are a handful of other brands out there, and there’s even a vegan version. Also, if you wanna get really real: Ranch will totally work in a pinch. No judgement here.
FRESH & PRE-WASHED VEGGIES
Take the win & get pre-shredded lettuce. Why even worry about washing and drying lettuce on a weeknight? So, for a quick time saver, go for the pre-packaged lettuce in the produce section.
While I’m at it, let me just say: always embrace pre-washed produce. It’s your friend. Pre-sliced, diced & washed—what more can a busy working parent ask for? Yes, they’re not as cheap as the regular produce: for sure! But, what they lack in bargain, they make up for in convenience.
I’m willing to pay a little extra for convenience. If it gets a homemade-ish dinner on the table for my fam without breaking a sweat, I’M IN.
- 12 oz Grilled Chicken Breast Strips (fresh or frozen)
- 4 flat bread rounds (or pita)
- 1 container premade Tzatziki dip (or Feta Cucumber Dip)
- 1 pint fresh grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 package fresh (prewashed) shredded lettuce
- Warm chicken as directed.
- Halve cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Warm flat breads for about 10 seconds each in microwave.
- Top each flat bread with a generous 2+ tablespoons of tzatziki sauce.
- Place about 3 oz of chicken on top of the tzatziki, then top with lettuce & tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
- Frozen chicken: You can definitely use frozen chicken strips, but the heating time will be different. Just make sure to follow the instructions. Also, it may produce some liquid, so just be sure to drain before using on top of flat bread.
- Tzatziki dip can be found pretty easily. But, if your store doesn't have it, then sub in a dressing you like such as a cucumber Ranch.
- Kids may like Pita halves instead of a larger flat bread (but adults may prefer the flat bread, like me!)
NO COOK GRILLED CHICKEN GYROS
Warm flat bread, grilled chicken, creamy tzatziki sauce—all without cooking? It’s gotta go on your short list of meals to “cook” this week. Actually, go ahead and sign your partner extraordinaire up for making it.
Let him crush dinner & feel like the dad superhero that he is. Trust me. Everybody wins when that happens!
Having a few recipes NO COOK GRILLED CHICKEN GYROS in your arsenal will help you survive the weeknight dinner rush. That’s why I’ve included this recipe in my FREE mini-cookbook!
Everything in there is NO COOK. So, you & your partner can get dinner tackled together this week. No skills, no time, no cooking—just good food at lightening speed.
If you want to create the habit of cooking at home, then THIS is how you get started.