Forget rolling enchilada & make this shortcut layered enchilada casserole instead!
- 1lb. Ground beef or Turkey
- 1 onion (white, yellow or purple)
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 TBL water
- 1 1/2c. Frozen corn kernels
- 1 large can (28 oz) Enchilada Sauce
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- In a skillet, cook ground beef (or turkey) until almost all the pink is gone.
- While ground beef is cooking, dice onion & bell pepper (as shown in video)
- Add diced onion & bell pepper to the ground beef & stir. Add seasoning packet & stir.
- Cook until onions are translucent, bell peppers are nearly cooked through & beef has zero pink left.
- Thaw corn in microwave 30 sec. & then add to beef mixture.
- Using a 9 x 13 baking dish (or larger), layer the ingredients as shown in the video.
- Cut tortillas in half or quarters.
- Starting with about 1/4 c. sauce on the bottom of dish, add a layer of tortillas, then 1/3 - 1/2 beef mixture, 2/3 c. cheese, then cover with tortillas (again), finally 1 c. sauce.
- Repeat with about 2-3 layers depending on the size of your dish. Use all sauce!
- Cook 35-40 minutes until top is bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips & pre-made guacamole.
- You can substitute pulled chicken, veggie crumbles, black beans, or your favorite protein in for the ground turkey or beef.