Quick, delicious & super easy Mexican Monday recipe. Double the NO COOK BLACK BEANS & RICE BURRITOS and freeze half!
- 1 can black beans
- 1 Bag Ready Rice - Any Flavor (Cilantro Lime)
- 4 Large (Burrito Sized) Flour Tortillas
- 1 container pico de gallo from deli
- 1 Packet taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- Rinse & drain beans
- Add beans to a microwave safe bowl & add taco seasoning & water. Mix to combine & warm beans in microwave in 30 sec. intervals until hot.
- Heat rice according to package directions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine hot rice & beans. Stir. Then, add shredded cheddar to warmed ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add pico de gallo, or alternative additions: chunky salsa, chicken, or your favs.
- *Thin salsa may make the contents runny, so use sparingly.
- Add 1-11/2c. of filling to center of tortilla
- Fold in sides, pull up bottom, tuck & roll. Pat to secure. Watch the video for full tutorial*
- Optional: GRILLED BURRITO: Cook on a hot well sprayed pan for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- DOUBLE RECIPE & FREEZING OPTION: Grocery list will only have ingredients for standard recipe. If you wish to double, you'll need to buy double of groceries on list.
- Freeze 4 burritos to a gallon zip lock back. Press out air & freeze.
- Thaw overnight in the fridge for easy re-heating in the microwave or by using a skillet on the stovetop.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1481mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 10gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g