Using pre-made garlic butter, fresh veggies & steam in the bag rice, this delicious healthy GARLICY CHICKEN PILAF comes together in minutes.
- 1 c. Steam In The Bag Frozen Peas (thawed)
- 2 c. Rotisserie (or grilled) chicken
- 2 bags of Ready Made Rice Pilaf (or other ready rice, pasta, spaghetti squash or zoodle)
- 1/2 c. Garlic Spread (pre-mixed)
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- ALT: Make Your Own Garlic Butter Ingredients:
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 1-2 tsp fresh cut garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Heat peas & rice in the microwave according to package directions
- Warm chicken in the microwave in 20 second intervals to warm but not overcook the chicken. Make sure chicken is in a microwave safe dish.
- Take about a 1/2 c. of the Garlic Spread and place in a microwave safe bowl and melt. Careful: butter will pop if cooked to high or too long. Try using 10-15 sec intervals to warm butter until melted.
- Once chicken is warm, dice into small bite sized chunks.
- If using tomatoes, cut tomatoes in half. Set aside.
- In a casserole dish or large mixing bowl, add both bags of rice pilaf and fluff.
- Then, add chicken & peas.
- Top with the melted butter & stir to combine.
- Finally, add tomatoes and stir.
- Optional: top with shredded parmesan cheese & salt and pepper.
WATCH STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO ON TEACHABLE!