Get those fun Spanish paella flavors with this super shortcut NO COOK WEEKNIGHT PAELLA version of your old school favorite.
- 2 Bags Saffron Flavored Ready-Rice (or Spanish Rice)
- 1 package smoked sausage (pork or beef)
- 1/2 jar red bell pepper
- 1 c. frozen green peas (steam in the bag or other)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 c. frozen peeled, deveined & cooked small shrimp.
- Thaw 1 c. shrimp according to package directions.
- Cut sausage into 1/2 inch half-moon shapes. Add to microwave safe dish. Set aside.
- Cook peas according to package directions if steam-in-the-bag, or place peas in microwave safe bowl and heat just until warmed through. Do this by heating in 30 second increments. DO NOT OVER COOK.
- While prepping sausage & peppers heat up rice in the microwave according to package.
- Drain 2 peppers from jar and dice into bite sized pieces. Add to sausages & top with garlic powder & paprika. Toss to coat.
- Heat sausage & peppers in microwave in 30 second intervals until the sausage and peppers are hot. Approx. 3-4 minutes. Stir once during cooking.
- In a large casserole dish, add hot rice and fluff with a fork.
- Then, add sausage & pepper mixture, toss well. Add peas & toss well.
- Finally, add completely thawed shrimp to the hot rice mixture and toss. Let set for 2 minutes & ENJOY!
- NOTE: Shrimp is optional in this dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g