Nothing says happy holidays like a festive cocktail. Three ingredients is all it takes to make this Pomegranate Ginger Spritz for your next get together.
There’s nothing I love better around the holidays than a colorful cocktail like this Pomegranate Ginger Spritzer. It hits all my favorite notes: a little fruity, a little spicy & a lot bubbly! Pomegranate Ginger Spritzer is the perfect addition to any holiday gathering–big or small (small meaning party for one!).
If you’re looking for a fun twist on the traditional cranberry cocktail, then give this a go. Pomegranate Ginger Spritz is a not-too-boozy cocktail that is sure to please a crowd.
Pomegranate Juice Mixer
So, there are just a handful of pomegranate juices out there, and you can use any of them that you like. I prefer the Pom Wonderful brand because I can buy just a small little bottle.
But, there are other brands you can find at Sprouts Farmer’s Market, Publix, etc. That will work just the same.
Ginger Beer Mixer
Friends, Ginger Beer has become my go-to mixer. It’s not just for Moscow Mules anymore. There are 3 I like, but each has its own distinct ginger taste & sweetness level. Any will work for this recipe, but it’s fun to try a couple and see which one you prefer.
These choices are all non-alcoholic, but there are one or two actual “beers” out there on the market–mainly, Crabbie’s. For this recipe, stick to the non-alcoholic brands.
- 1 oz. Pom Wonderful (Or other pomegranate juice)
- 1 oz. Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic)
- Prosecco (or other sparkling white wine)
- Optional: fresh frozen cranberries for garnish
- Using a wine glass or champagne flute, measure out 1 oz. pomegranate juice and add to glass. Then, add 1 oz. ginger beer to glass.
- Next, fill with Prosecco.
- Top with a garnish of fresh frozen cranberries (optional).
- Ginger Beer: Barrit's, Q Mixer, Fever Tree, or Goslings are all great. They vary only in the sharpness of the ginger & the sweetness level. Each is delicious! I use Q Mixer because I like the high level of ginger taste. My husband uses Barrit's which tastes a little sweeter to me.
- Fresh Cranberries can be placed in the freezer for months! I like to get an extra bag around the holidays just to plop in festive drinks like this. Plus, they help keep the drink cold!
- Prosecco is just a bubbling white wine. There are TOO many to count! Pick one & go with it. Trader Joe's has a TON of really inexpensive bottles, but there are great choices in every grocery store.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Holiday Cocktails for Entertaining
One of the best things about this cocktail is that it isn’t gonna tank you on the first glass. A lot of holiday cocktails are (rightfully so)–dangerous. This one isn’t that kind of drink.
It’s bright, festive & fun….and the only dangerous thing about this cocktail is that it goes down easy. 🍾
Also, if you’re looking for other simple ways to get your holiday off to a low-stress start, then check out my favorite Turkey Trick! It’s the best way to cheat the all-day turkey roasting task. And, here’s the cheater’s Stuffing to go with it.