Load your weeknight dinner up with veggies and flavor with this COCONUT CURRY VEGGIE NOODLE dish that’s done in the time it takes to boil noodles.
COCONUT CURRY VEGGIE NOODLES
Load your weeknight dinner up with veggies and flavor with this COCONUT CURRY VEGGIE NOODLE dish that's done in the time it takes to boil noodles.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 small jar red curry paste (approx. 2-3 TBL)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Package of linguini or your favorite noodle
- 6 Scallions
- 1 package snow peas
- 1 c. matchstick carrots
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Sriracha for spice
- Cilantro (optional)
- OPTIONAL ADD INS:
- 1 c. Pulled Chicken
- 1 c. Shelled Edamame
- Over medium high heat bring large sauce pan or pot filled with water to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt. Once water is boiling, add pasta & stir. Make sure that there is sufficient water so noodles don't stick together.
- While pasta is cooking, dice scallions & trim snow peas. Halve snow peas & set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add oil, garlic & curry paste. Stir to combine. Add white parts of scallions. Stir. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk. Stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Let simmer for 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once simmering to an almost boil, squeeze in lime juice. Stir & simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in Sriracha & remaining veggies & simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta & drizzle with 1 tsp oil so it doesn't stick together.
- Add noodles directly into sauce & toss well to coat.
- OPTIONAL: if adding in shelled edamame, add with the other veggies, so they have time to thaw completely & warm through. If adding cooked chicken, then add to sauce with Sriracha.
- Top with cilantro leaves if desired.
- This dish is versatile & forgiving. You can substitute any of your favorite fresh or frozen veggies OR protein of choice.
- You can also use green curry paste if you choose.
- NOTE: Don't overcook the veggies. You want them to be crisp-tender & have a little bit of bite to them. Nobody likes mushy veggies!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply