Change up your Taco Tuesday routine with this quick & easy cheesy One Pot Taco Pasta that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners at home.
There’s nothing better on a busy weeknight than a quick one pot wonder that also happens to be a crowd pleaser. Easy Cheesy One Pot Taco Pasta checks all the boxes–and then some! It’s a little creamy, a little spicy, packed with veggies, and all cooked in one pot in less than 30 minutes.
I mean–it’s a winner no matter how you dice it!
Busy weeknights require quick meals filled with goodness, and this Easy Cheesy One Pot Taco Pasta gets it done with little cleanup to boot!
ONE POT TACO PASTA VEGETARIAN
Okay, this recipe is on demand a lot in my house, but the truth is that I make it a little different each time depending on what groceries I have. I love making this with ground beef, but I’ll often use pulled chicken leftover from a rotisserie. And, I’ve even turned this into a vegetarian one pot taco pasta when I’ve got beans for days (usually after I prep a bag of fresh beans in the crock pot).
This is the beauty of this dish. You can use what you’ve got to make it work. If you’ve got zero meat in the fridge, then no worries! Add a few extra beans (or a second type of bean) and it’ll still turn out fabulous.
EASY CHEESY ONE POT TACO PASTA
Quick & versatile pasta dish with all the Mexican flavors you and your family love--no separate pot for the pasta!
- 1/2 LB Elbow or Shell Shaped Pasta
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Package taco seasoning (low sodium)
- 1lb. Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can chili beans (black, pinto, or other)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 can of milk
- 1 can of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dice onions and bell pepper. Over medium heat brown the ground beef with the onions & peppers. Cook until there is no pink on the meat & drain any excess oil.
- Add taco seasoning & stir to coat.
- Add can of diced tomatoes (no need to drain juices).
- Add pasta shells and the cream of chicken soup. Then, using the empty can, fill with milk and add to mixture. Then, fill again with water and add to pot. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Then, uncover and stir. If shells aren't cooked through, cover for another 3 minutes.
- Add beans. Stir. Let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to lowest setting. Add cheese to the top. Let it sit until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Use any type of pasta you have on hand. Elbow, bowtie, corkscrew, etc. all work great.
- Cream of mushroom can be substituted in for the cream of chicken soup.
- Substitute the ground beef or turkey for left over rotisserie (pulled) chicken. Just add the chicken in with the beans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
ONE POT PASTA YOU DON’T HAVE TO DRAIN
Think of this easy one pot taco pasta as an all grownup version of Hamburger Helper. It’s just used with a lot of ingredients you already have & has a lot more veggies than the packaged meal. But, one thing is the same. There’s no need to cook the pasta separately and drain it. The pasta goes in the pot and cooks right along with everything else–no draining the pasta required!
It totally helps make this dish a go-to for busy weeknights when you’re just trying to get dinner on the table. Plus, it makes clean up a snap with just one pot.
It really is a magical Mexican dish!
CROWD PLEASING PASTA DISH
My kids are in love with this pasta–whether it’s made with beef, chicken or just with veggies. It’s always a hit because it has creamy pasta and that unmistakable taco flavor from the taco seasoning.
This is also a great dish to throw together when you’ve got unexpected company showing up at your door. Now that my kids are getting a bit older, it seems like my house has a revolving door of neighborhood kids popping in. I feel like they can sense when I’m in the kitchen.
But, no matter who drops by, this dish will be a winner for sure!
BUSY WEEKNIGHT ONE POT PASTA
This is a fabulous one pot easy clean up dish that will definitely have you coming back for more. Plus, you can adjust it to suit your tastes. Spice it up, veg it out–you do you! In addition, you don’t have to drain the pasta or clean more than one pot!
Best of all, your fam is gonna love getting this one pot cheesy taco pasta in the rotation for sure.
This is a great weeknight shortcut that will certainly help with getting dinner on the table during the weeknight dinner rush.
Leave a Reply