EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN BAKE WITH TORTELLINI is an insanely easy dump & bake weeknight comfort food that will have everyone going back for seconds.
- 6 Frozen Breaded Chicken Breast Cutlets (Aldi: Italian Parmesan Breaded)
- 2 Jars of your favorite marinara (or 1 jar & 1 can of Italian seasoned diced tomatoes)
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball (or 2 c. shredded)
- 1 package frozen tortellini
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 400°
- If using tortellini, add to a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Time for the sauce. If using 2 jars of marinara sauce for this dish, then you'll want to cover the tortellini with the sauce. This may take about a jar and a half (or more). Just make sure to reserve a little of the second jar for final touches at the end.
- If using a combo of marinara and diced tomatoes, then add tomatoes (juice & all) over the tortellini. Then, top with marinara sauce (3/4 jar) & reserve the rest of the jar for final touches.
- Place 4-6 chicken breasts directly on top of the tortellini & sauce (depending on size).
- Cut mozzarella ball into 1/4 inch slices & top the chicken with the slices.
- Add remaining marinara sauce around breasts & cover any pasta that's poking out.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165° degrees internal temp).
- NOTE: cover with foil if the mozzarella starts to brown too much.
- OPTIONAL: Use your own pasta as a side dish & omit the tortellini if you wish.
- If you do, then all you need to do is use one jar of marinara, the chicken, & the mozzarella.
- SUB: Instead of 2 jars of marinara sauce, use 1 jar marinara & 1 can petite diced tomatoes in Italian Seasoning
- SUB: Instead of the dried "fresh" tortellini, you can boil your own pasta of choice, or use frozen ravioli.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g