Kickstart your next cookout or appetizer spread with this tangy, creamy & deliciously addictive Feta Fries Greek Dip.
The start of fall football season in the south ALWAYS brings back a flood of memories from my glory days at UGA (go dawgs!). Though Game-Day Saturdays are a much milder version of their former craziness, my tailgating skills are on point–enter my Feta Fries (Greek Dip). In attempting to recapture one of my all time favorite food memories from the obligatory 3AM greasy spoon, The Grill, in downtown Athens, GA, I struck gold.
The Grill was a MUST after a long night, and their Fresh Cut Fries with Feta Cheese Dressing was a match made in greasy-spoon heaven. I swear to God it makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
Feta Fries (Greek Dip) is a deliciously easy way to add some flavor and fun to your next cookout or gameday tailgating event.
WHAT TASTES GOOD WITH FETA CHEESE?
As a spritely 18 year old at one of the biggest party schools in the country, I was introduced to french fries & feta dip. I took one bite, and I went from reluctant to addicted.
Crispy baked fries dipped in a cool, tangy sauce filled with chunks of salty feta cheese….it’s an experience you must have.
Unlike my fav old diner, I don’t use fresh cut fries–I’m a busy woman after all.
I love a crinkle fry, but I like the Super Crispy Dipper Fry when using this dip as a gameday appetizer. It gives you the ability to really get in there & scoop up that dip!
WHAT DOES FETA DRESSING TASTE LIKE?
My feta dip is inspired by the feta dressing served along side the crinkle cut fries at my old midnight diner pitstop. It’s creamy, tangy, salty, and dangerously addictive.
Ranch & Blue Cheese are completely different creamy dressings, yet equally amazing in their own right. Greek dressing is the same. It’s in a league of it’s own, and you’ll be able to think of a million things you want to try it on.
I love this as an appetizer, but it’s great for gyros, baked potatoes, and even paired with hummus.
- 1/2 package Feta Crumbles (6oz container)
- 1 c. Whole Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 TBL Mayo
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBL chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBL chopped fresh oregano
- Wash and pat dry fresh herbs. Remove parsley leaves and oregano from stems and finely dice. Set aside.
- Using a fresh lemon, juice half (or roughly 1 tablespoon of juice).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Stir in feta crumbles.
- Chill for 30 minutes or longer if time permits up to 24 hours.
- Serve with your favorite french fries.
- Block Feta can be crumbled and used in place of the pre-packaged feta crumbles. Use about 3 oz of cheese for this recipe.
- Sour cream can be substituted for the yogurt.
- If using dried herbs, use about 1 tsp of each, but for this recipe, nothing compares to the vibrancy of fresh herbs.
GREEK DIP FOR FRENCH FRIES
Gameday weekends are coming friend, and this means appetizers are on the lineup!
If you’re looking for something new, something easy & something that’ll have them coming back for more, then look no further.
Give this cool & tangy dip a try this weekend.
I’m telling you–they’re gonna be licking this bowl clean!