Served over rice or noodles, made spicy or mild, HAWAIIAN BEEF & BROCCOLI STIR FRY definitely jazzes up your weeknight dinner rotation.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (pork, ground turkey, ground chicken all work fine)
- 1 package (12oz.) fresh pre-washed broccoli florets
- 1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce (Veri Veri Teriyaki or your favorite)
- 1/2 c. orange marmalade
- 1 can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 2 Bags Ready Rice (white or other)
- OPTIONAL: Fresh Jalapeno slices
- Dice onion & cut any large florets into bite sized pieces.
- OPTIONAL: If using a fresh jalapeno, cut off stem, slice jalapeno in half (long ways) & de-seed the pepper. Remove any white interior pieces (ribbing) to decrease heat level.
- Over medium high heat, brown ground beef with the diced onion.
- Drain the juice from the pineapple can.
- Once ground beef is no longer pink, add in the marmalade, teriyaki, jalapenos, pineapple and broccoli.
- Mix well & cook over medium high heat for 4 minutes.
- Heat rice up while veggies are in the pan.
- Turn off the heat while the veggies still have a bit of crispness to them--we don't want to overcook them & make them too soft.
- Serve over rice or your choice of pasta.
- SUB: You can serve this dish over rice or turn it into an Asian Noodle Bowl by using your favorite long noodle -- spaghetti noodles, fettuccini noodles, or rice noodles work great here.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 27g