Loaded Greek Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken has summer written all over it!
Ripe tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, bright herbaceous dressing, and juicy grilled chicken—what could be better? This pasta salad recipe is quick, versatile, and will have you coming back for more. Trust me, this one is addictive….
If you’re trying to cut out the meat, then ditch the succulent grilled chicken. It’s still SO tasty! You almost won’t miss it.
Change it up this week and celebrate summer flavors with this Loaded Greek Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken.
EASY (NO MAYO) GREEK PASTA SALAD
This recipe checks off all of my little boxes: easy, quick, good even when meatless, and only a handful of ingredients. This is the kind of recipe that moms like me LOVE!
Added bonus: my kids devour this dish! It is an absolute crowd pleaser at my house. AND, it will double for an amazingly quick weeknight meal that everyone will actually EAT!
Meatless Monday? Yep, this recipe has you covered there, too. Just ditch that beautiful grilled chicken. BTW: If you’re looking for a great kid friendly vegetarian weeknight meal, change up your Taco Tuesday routine with these Baked Vegetarian Taquitos!
FRESH SUMMER VEGGIES
Cucumbers and tomatoes are in abundance during the summer, but I just couldn’t bring myself to make another standard pasta salad. I stumbled upon my favorite Greek dressing at the store, and I had a little epiphany.
Greek pasta salad was NECESSARY!
Add in the smell of grilled chicken marinated in super flavorful Greek dressing (that you don’t have to make), and you’ve got a heavenly pair.
Sidebar: If you’re lucky enough to be spending some time at the beach, then this is perfect for those lazy vacation days. It’s fresh, light & slap full of flavor.
MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
Two of my favorite words: MAKE AHEAD!
Maybe it’s the mom side of me, but I love a make ahead meal. To me, those words equal FLEXIBILITY. If I can make all or part of a dish ahead of time, then it usually becomes one of my favs.
This beautiful make-ahead pasta salad definitely falls into that category. Trust me, you’ll come back to this one again & again!
Plus, if you’re looking for a new addition to the meal prep rotation, then this is a total winner. This Loaded Greek Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken proves meal prep pasta salad doesn’t have to be bland or boring!
- ¾ Pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 1 ½ C. English Cucumber (about 2/3 cucumber) diced
- 5 oz. Feta Crumbles
- 1 c. Ken's Greek Dressing (divided: 2/3 c. for tossing; 1/3 to add before serving)
- 1 Box Bowtie Pasta (use approx. ¾ of the box)
- 1 Small Can Sliced Black Olives
- 8 Pepperoncini peppers sliced
- Grated Parmesan to taste
- Grilled Greek Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts halved (or 6-8 chicken tenders, or 4 boneless skinless thighs)
- ½ c. Greek Dressing for marinade
- Bring water for pasta to a boil.
- Add chicken to marinade and heat the grill to 450°.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta (and a pinch of salt). Cook for 8-10 minutes (or per box directions). Drain pasta & set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, grill chicken for about 4 minutes on each side. (Or until internal temperature is 165°). Take chicken off grill and wrap in foil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to a large serving platter. Add all ingredients except for the chicken and parmesan. Toss with ⅔ c. Greek Dressing. Reserving ⅓ c. dressing to toss right before serving.
- Dice grilled chicken and add to pasta salad. Toss.
- Top with a generous sprinkling of parmesan.
- Serve immediately, or put in the fridge for a few hours (or even for the next day or two). Serve cold, warm, or room temperature.
- Make this vegetarian by eliminating the chicken.
- Substitute Kalamata, Green, or other marinated olives of your choice for the canned black olives.
- Ken's Greek Dressing is used in this recipe, but use any Greek dressing that you know and love!
NEW SUMMER FAVORITE PASTA SALAD
I could eat this pasta salad everyday this summer. I’m just in love with the bright beautiful flavors! It has quickly become a family favorite, too, which is helpful (so I don’t eat my weight in bowtie pasta).
If you’re looking for a quick weeknight meal, summer in a bowl, or just a new way to use your 5 millionth package of chicken, then look no further! Loaded Greek Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken is the best way to get a quick flavorful meal on the table & feel great about what you’re serving your family.
Plus, it’s packed full of feta cheese…I mean, what’s not to love?
We may be social distancing, but we can still connect! I’d love to know if this recipe is going to make it into your weeknight rotation. Drop me a line in the comments below!