NO COOK GARLIC & LEMON CHICKEN ZOODLES
Fresh & healthy lemon chicken zoodles will lighten up & satisfy any weeknight craving for pasta.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 12 oz. Ready to Eat Rotisserie Chicken
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 TBL garlic butter spread (Like Italian Rose Garlic Spread)
- 24 oz. Frozen Green Giant Spirals (zucchini) OR 2 (12 oz) Fresh spiralized zucchini noodles)
- 1 Pint Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella pearls (optional)
- Parmesan cheese to top
- Heat butter & lemon juice in a microwave safe dish in 15 second intervals until fully melted.
- If using frozen spiralized zucchini noodles, then thaw according to the package & drain thoroughly. If using fresh zoodles, then just warm through. Do NOT over steam. Cook for 1 minute, then 15 second intervals until warmed through.
- Toss butter & zoodles together.
- Warm chicken as instructions direct, and add to the zoodle mixture. Toss to coat.
- Half tomatoes & toss into mixture.
- Pat dry mozzarella pearls and toss into mixture (if desired).
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Fresh zoodles are always best. However, frozen will do in a pinch. Use what you can find (or already have). You can usually find fresh zucchini already pre-spiralized in the produce section of most grocery stores.
- A Note On Spiralizers: Spiralizers are really inexpensive & are super easy to use and clean. I got mine on Amazon for $8. Cheap, hand held device that will spiralize a zucchini in 2 minutes.
- I definitely prefer to use a garlic butter spread that's already mixed, but you can certainly use butter or margarine and just add about 1tsp of garlic powder. That will work, too.
- You can use any kind of fresh mozzarella you'd like, or omit it all together. I like the little mini-pearls of mozzarella, but you can dice a whole ball into small pieces or even use the marinated balls. It's all cheese. It'll all work!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply