Give ready made roast beef a fun make-over with NO COOK ROAST BEEF PO BOYS & turn sandwich night into a full blown New Orleans experience!
- 1 Package Pre-Cooked Roast Beef & Gravy
- 1 Package Au Jus (dry mix)
- 1 Large slicing tomato
- 1 package pre-shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 TBL Mayonnaise (to taste)
- French Bread
- OPTIONAL RECIPE: Shrimp Po Boy
- 1 Package Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
- Mini French Rolls
- Optional Recipe for Remoulade Sauce:
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 1 TBL dill relish
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Old Bay
- 1 - 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
ROAST BEEF PO BOY:
- In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together Au Jus ingredients & heat according to package instructions.
- Then, heat up roast beef according to package directions
- Cut French bread long ways into two equal halves--BUT leave one side in tact, so the halves are still connected.
- Spread the mayonnaise inside the top half.
- Shred the roast beef, discarding any excess fat, and spread it all along the bottom half of the loaf.
- Top with sliced tomato & shredded lettuce.
- Add any extra Au Jus, as desired to make the roast beef juicy and moist.
- Serve with favorite New Orleans chips.
BONUS: FRIED SHRIMP PO BOY
- Bake shrimp according to package directions in oven, toaster oven, or air frier.
- Build sandwich the same way, but eliminate the roast beef.
Optional Remoulade Sauce
- Mix all remoulade ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Add hot sauce to desired taste.
- Sauce is better if it sets about 15 minutes before serving.
- You can use leftover crockpot roast beef or buy the pre-made beef with gravy at the store.
- Kids love both of these po boy options! It's a great way to get them to experiment with foods they may know & love (like roast beef or popcorn shrimp) but in a new way.
- You can use tartar sauce on the Shrimp Po Boy instead of the remoulade.