From start to finish, you can have an absolutely delicious homemade pizza on the table in under 30 minutes! It’s not delivery, but it’s pretty darn close. Perfect pizza crust brought to you courtesy of Greek Yogurt–whaaa? Pretty sure pizza just got bumped to a healthy food group, amiright? It sounds insane, but I swear this pizza is the JAM!
Quick & easy no yeast pizza dough ready to pop into the oven in under 15 minutes!
Pizza Crust With Pantry Staples
Pizza dough with yogurt and NO yeast? It’s a little kitchen miracle!
I’ve tried a few variations of greek yogurt pizza dough recipes, and I finally came up with a super easy version that works best for what I always have in my kitchen. The three ingredients that are key for this crust are: greek yogurt, all purpose flour, and BAKING POWDER!
I swear, Baking Powder is the miracle baking ingredient—especially when you have food allergies or just running low on staples like eggs! It helps everything from pancakes to pizza work out beautifully! (Check out my Egg Free Pancake Recipe!)
That’s why, this recipe for whole milk greek yogurt pizza dough with baking powder is the winner in my book!
Double the Recipe & Use a Sheet Pan
No pizza pan? No problem! We use cookie sheets to make our pizza and go full-on Lunch Lady style. Just make sure to coat the bottom of that pan with a few generous glugs of olive oil!
Go ahead and double this recipe if you’ve got a family of 4. Trust me. You’ll eat it. You know I’m right:)
Plus, with only 3 ingredients in this yogurt pizza dough, you can afford to double up!
A Note On Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Okay, I’ve made this dough using whole wheat, a mix of whole and white, and all white flour. Hands down the BEST version is just ALL white flour.
Whole wheat will make this crust pretty tough and won’t roll out easy or as flat. Not ideal for a tender pizza crust. If you’re looking for a wheat pizza base recipe without yeast, then give this one a try. Just don’t add too much whole wheat to the mix.
You can experiment with the ratios, but I wouldn’t add any more than ¼ cup of whole wheat flour to the mixture. Plus, be prepared to add an additional tablespoon or so of yogurt when mixing whole wheat flour in this pizza dough recipe.
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBL All Purpose Flour (dusting flour for counter & rolling pin)
- 1 cup Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1-2 TBL Olive Oil (as needed for greasing pan)
- Using whole wheat flour will make this dough tougher. I wouldn't recommend using more than a combination of whole wheat and white all purpose flour. Use a max of 1/4 c. whole wheat. Remember: you may need to add extra yogurt to offset the use of whole wheat.
- You can omit the garlic if desired. Also, you can add Italian seasoning to the flour if you want!
- If using a pizza pan with holes in the surface, then consider using cooking spray instead of olive oil to reduce oil dripping in the oven.
- CRUNCHY CRUST: If you prefer a crunchier crust, then par cook the crust for a little longer than 7-9 minutes. 11 Minutes should be good for a crunchier crust. Then, also, increase your cooking time after adding the toppings.
No Yeast Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough
Greek yogurt is the best ingredient for pizza dough! It’s something so many of us keep on the regular in our fridge (and often need to use before it goes bad!). And, if you’re dying for delivery but can’t bring yourself to order out right now, then this pizza crust will tame all your pizza cravings!
Plus, it only takes about 10-15 minutes from bowl to oven!
Like I said earlier, it’s not delivery, but STILL! Double this recipe because you’re gonna be coming back for seconds….and thirds!
We may be social distancing, but we can still connect! I’d love to know if these help curb the need for takeout at your house. Drop me a line in the comments below!