- 1 (28 oz) Large can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans
- 1 (14 oz) can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 (14 oz) can Chili Beans
- 1 (14 oz) can Creamed Corn
- 1 Packet Chili Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/2 c. frozen kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chipotle in adobo sauce (optional)
- 1 c. Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 Bag Fritos corn chips (optional)
- Dice onion & bell peppers. Add oil to large soup pot & heat over medium high heat. Add onions and bell peppers. Sautee until translucent. About 3-5 minutes.
- Open all cans. Add can of whole tomatoes, but before adding each tomato--squeeze each tomato to break apart. Do not just stick in tomatoes whole. Add juice, as well.
- Add diced tomatoes and juice. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning packet, and all remaining cans--juice and all. Stir to combine.
- Optional Step: Remove one chipotle from can of adobo sauce. Slice open & remove seeds. Dice chipotle up & add to pot. Stir.
- Cover chili and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add an additional 1 tsp or more of adobo sauce from can. This is a hot sauce, so use with caution!
- Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until chili has time to cook down a little bit.
- Top with cheese & Fritos, fresh avocado or sour cream!
- You can use any type of bean in this dish except for pinto beans, as they will turn to mush. If you don't like one of the beans included, just substitute out for another bean! This is a very flexible & forgiving dish.
- Diced tomatoes can be substituted for the whole tomatoes in the same portions.
- Freezes beautifully!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 15g