Hearty & rustic Sheetpan Sausage & Potatoes with pesto will fill you up & you can even sneak a few veggies in the pesto if you’ve got a high speed blender.
- 2 packs of Italian Sausages (hot or mild or a combo!)
- 1 1/2 lb. bag of baby ("two bite") potatoes--gold, new, or purple
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jar of pesto
- 2 TBL Olive Oil
- OPTIONAL PESTO ADDITION:
- 3 c. baby spinach or baby kale
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- For this recipe, it is better to use a large roasting pan instead of a cookie sheet if you have one. The high walls will ensure everything (including oil splatters) stay contained. But, a cookie sheet will also work.
- Wash & dry baby potatoes.
- Place sausages & potatoes in pan & drizzle with olive oil
- Give a good shake to the pan to help coat the sausages & potatoes.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder
- Cook for 25 minutes, or until the sausages are no longer pink on inside. Around 165°.
- OPTIONAL PESTO ADDITION: In a high power blender place entire jar of pesto, spinach & basil. Blend until smooth--about 30-45 seconds. Drizzle pesto over sausages & potatoes & serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g