SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CACCIATORE
Hearty & comforting Italian chicken dish that's as healthy as it is delicious.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 10 minutes
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 c. White Wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Salt & same of pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper.
- Dice onion & bell pepper. Add to slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes over top of onion mixture.
- Add garlic & white wine (or 1/2 c. stock or water)
- Add Italian Seasoning & olive oil. Stir around to fully cover chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours or until chicken is easily shredded.
- Once cooked completely, shred chicken apart and serve over pasta or rice.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. Using pre-made side dishes is absolutely recommended.
- Chicken breasts can be substituted here.
- Petite diced tomatoes are a great substitute, and you can always use what's in your pantry like whole tomatoes, etc.
- Adding a cup of olives would be a great tangy addition to this dish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 736mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 38g
Leave a Reply