If you’re obsessed with elote (Mexican Street Corn), then you’ve got to try STREET CORN QUESADILLAS (2 WAYS) on your next Mexican Monday weeknight dinner.
- 1 container street corn cheese dip
- 4 large burrito sized flour tortillas
- 2 c. fresh spinach
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- SIDE SUGGESTION: Chips & Salsa or guacamole
- These quesadillas can be made vegetarian or with chicken.
- If using chicken, dice it into small bite sized pieces.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place fresh spinach & heat for about 30 seconds or until you start to see the spinach wilt slightly. We don't want to cook it completely -- just wilt it slightly to release some of the water. Then, give it a rough chop.
- In a microwave safe bowl, thaw the corn for about 1 minute or until no longer frozen but not hot.
- Assemble the quesadillas on your countertop before placing on the hot pan.
- Spread about 2TBL of the street corn dip on one half of the tortilla, then top with veggies (and chicken if desired), then add cheese. Fold over the other half of the tortilla securing all the contents.
- It should look like a halfmoon shape.
- On a well sprayed griddle or pan (over medium-high heat), cook the quesadilla for 4 minutes on each side, or until each side is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: you can make these vegetarian or with chicken. Of course, cooked ground beef or veggie crumbles would be tasty, as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.