With just 5 ingredients, you can make drool worthy Asian crockpot pulled pork that’s perfect for sandwiches or tacos.
- 3 lb. Pork Butt (i.e.: pork shoulder, picnic roast)
- 10 oz. jar Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 c. Ketchup
- 1 1/2 TBL Garlic Powder
- 2 TBL Sriracha to taste
- 2 tsp. Salt
- ADDITIONAL: "Asian Slaw"
- 3c. shredded cabbage / slaw mix
- 1/2 c. Favorite Asian Dressing (*Ginger Miso Orange Dressing by Good & Gather)
- Optional: English Cucumber slices
- Cover all sides of the pork roast with the garlic powder & salt.
- Place pork roast FAT side up in the crock pot.
- Add ketchup, siracha & chili sauce to the crockpot & cover the entire roast with the sauce.
- COOK: set on low and cook for at least 8 hours, OR cook on High for at least 5-6 hrs. (until pork is easily shredded with a fork with little effort).
FOR SIDE ASIAN SLAW:
- Mix shredded slaw mix & dressing in a small bowl & let stand for 10 minutes. Use to top the BBQ sandwiches or tacos.
- This slaw works great on either the tacos or the sandwiches.
2 Options for using Asian Pork:
1.) Tacos: use flour tortillas
2.) Sandwiches: hamburger or hearty rolls
NOTE: Cook & eat tacos this week. Then, freeze the rest & use for sandwiches another week.