My Ultimate Nutella Banana Pie is like a banana cream pie on steroids. Creamy, chocolaty, easy to make and mouthwateringly delicious! Added bonus: there’s virtually ZERO cooking involved. All it takes is a little self control…not to eat it before it has time to set!
The Ultimate Nutella Banana Pie will set any celebration off on the right foot, and it is simple enough to make on any given day just because. Trust me, any day is a good day for this beauty!
Nutella Banana Almond Butter Pie
This dessert was inspired by one of the tastiest restaurants in Atlanta, Rathbun’s. The Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie at Rathbun’s is simply TO DIE FOR. But, this little pie here satisfies all those cravings, AND MORE!
Layers of banana, Nutella hazelnut spread, and creamy nut butter…I mean…it’s a dream!
Added Bonus: The only cooking required involves the pie shell. So, all you need is a little patience, and a hand full of basic kitchen tools!
Italian Nutella Pie
Nutella was an exotic European delicacy when I was in high school. You had to have a cool older sister (or a foreign exchange student) to be in the know about this chocolatey spread. But now, it’s on Walmart’s isle 3. LOL.
That’s the beauty of this recipe. Most of you probably have a majority of the ingredients right in your fridge!
And, with just a hand full of ingredients in this recipe, Nutella is definitely the star of the show! Banana slices topped with melted Nutella create the first layer.
Do I have your attention?
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 c. Smooth Almond Butter
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 Bananas (Sliced)
- 1/3 c. Nutella (warmed)
- 1 Deep Dish Frozen Pie Crust
- 1 Container Cool Whip
- 1/3 c. Nutella
- 2 oz Dark Chocolate Bar (Optional for shavings)
- Par cook the deep dish pie crust according to the directions. Let it cool completely.
- Slice the bananas and line the bottom of the pie shell. You may not use all of the two bananas if they are large.
- Warm ⅓ c. of Nutella for about 30 seconds in the microwave. (More if needed in 15 second increments). Drizzle over the banana slices.
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, whip the room temperature cream cheese, brown sugar, and Almond Butter together until well blended. It will be a nice creamy mixture free of lumps.
- Pour over the top of the banana slices.
- For the whipped topping, make sure your cool whip is completely thawed (if frozen). Also, you may want to microwave your last ⅓ c. of Nutella for about 15-30 seconds to make sure it's nice and warm. You don't want it hot for this part, so don't over do it! Just want it easy to mix with the cool whip. Then, whisk the cool whip and slightly warmed Nutella together. Add as the final layer.
- Add chocolate shavings as desired!
- Cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours or even overnight. Enjoy!
1. Do NOT over heat the Nutella. If you put it in the microwave for longer than 30 seconds, it will BURN IT! Yuck. Just warm it in 10-15 second increments to ensure you don't torch the spread.
2. Almond butter and peanut butter (or any nut or soy nut spread) can be used in this recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 5gSugar: 25gProtein: 8g
Easy Banana Cream Pie Recipe
Next Up: the RICH creamy middle layer. Combining cream cheese, brown sugar, and almond butter create a luscious layer to top the Nutella covered banana slices.
Side note: Since we have a peanut allergy in our house, I use Almond Butter for this recipe, but PB should work fine for the middle layer.
Then, the final layer is a combo of (yes, MORE) Nutella and whipped cream! The amazing nutella cool whip frosting is something that you’ll literally be spooning into your mouth “just to taste.”
And, you’re done! That’s it! Three layers of pure decadence. The hard part is letting this little beauty set for at least 4 hours.
Banana Nutella Dessert
Talk about versatility! This pie will become a go-to dessert because it fits perfectly into any season, any holiday, and ANY reason for a sweet treat. Plus, it’s SUPER easy to make. If you can whisk–you can make this banana Nutella dessert!
So, get at it! This pie has GOT to be calling your name by now….
If you’re in a festive mood, check out this 3 Ingredient Raspberry Lemonade Prosecco Punch. Limoncello + Prosecco…yes, PLEASE!
We may be social distancing, but we can still connect! I can’t wait to hear how this pie turns out for you, and your family! Let me know if you made it with PB! I’d love to know if it is just as heavenly as the almond butter. Drop me a line in the comments below!